Thursday, August 13, 2009
Figures. Former Clinton Aide Smuggled Knife & Tatoo Needles Into Prison
Weird. Another Clinton official was busted this week.
This former aide was trying to smuggle a knife and tatoo needles into prison in a Doritos bag.
The Daily News reported:
A former top aide to Bill Clinton when he was Arkansas governor was charged Wednesday with trying to smuggle a knife and 48 tattoo needles stashed in a bag of Doritos onto the state's death row.
Betsy Wright, 66, a vocal death penalty opponent, was detained May 22, prison officials said.
It was unclear why she allegedly carried the items into the prison.
Wright denied the charges, but admitted bringing in the Doritos, which she claimed she found in the bottom of a prison vending machine.
Wright served as Clinton's chief of staff and during his 1992 presidential campaign.
Nine years after they left the White House their lackeys are still getting busted.
The Clintons certainly did put together an impressive record:
* Number close to the Clinton machine who have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes: 44
* Number of convictions during his administration: 33
* Number of indictments/misdemeanor charges: 61
* Number of imprisonments: 14
* Number of presidential impeachments: 1
* Number of independent counsel investigations: 7
* Number of congressional witnesses pleading the 5th Amendment: 72
* Number of witnesses fleeing the country to avoid testifying: 17
* Number of foreign witnesses who have declined interviews by investigative bodies: 19
The Clinton machine now holds the record for the administration with:
* The most number of convictions and guilty pleas
* The most number of cabinet members to come under criminal investigation
* The most number of witnesses to flee the country or refuse to testify
* The most number of key witnesses to die suddenly
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
* The greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad.